Understanding the Concept of Water Massage Therapy
Before you visit a sports injury clinic in Clovis, CA, you have to understand some of the treatment options available. Different types of body massages have highly been relied on for treating body aches and injuries. This, for the greatest part, includes water massage therapy.
What is Water Massage Therapy?
It is a chiropractic treatment that deals with massaging the body tissues. It is different from other types of massages because patients of hydrotherapy massage do not have to remove their clothes for the therapy. It also does not involve a stranger touching you.
The treatment utilizes the waves of heated water to massage the body. It is offered through a hydromassage bed. It is a great accompaniment to chiropractic treatment. On its own, the water therapy massage may not do much to offer you permanent solutions to your health problems. It is why you have to regard the treatment of your chiropractor, then follow it through with relieving massage therapy.
What Are the Benefits of Water Massage?
Overall, massages are a great way to relax the body, not to mention, keep up with a healthy lifestyle. Even people with severe health conditions have been found to benefit from these massages. It is no surprise that water massage therapy can be used as a treatment for a sports injury. Some of the benefits of this treatment include the following:
- Promoting deep relaxation – the massage works into the deep tissues of the body. For this reason, it promotes deep relaxation. This then gives you a feeling of wholeness and wellbeing.
- Stress reliever – part of the reason why your body succumbs to stress is bearing the physical tension. Besides that, fatigue and body aches can limit your sleep, increasing the stress your body experiences. Water massage therapy has the effect of reducing the stress levels as well as anxiety.
- Pain relief – some of the body aches you experience will no longer bother you. As your deep tissues are worked on, pain in your body is being let go. For some aches, the relief may be temporary, until the underlying cause of pain is addressed. What you can count on is the relief of soreness in your muscles. The treatment works on all the stiffness and tension trapped in your muscles.
- Improved blood circulation – the motions involved in the massage promote the circulation of blood in those areas.
- Improves your overall lifestyle – one thing about water therapy is that it requires frequency. If you can regard it the same way you regard regular dental visits, your lifestyle is improved significantly.
Which Health Problems Can Water Massage Therapy Treat?
Water massage therapy may not be sufficient treatment for all your health problems, but it goes a long way in treating such problems as:
- It helps deal with anxiety and stress.
- Helps reduce the discomfort of pregnancy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Lowering overall blood pressure
- Lower back pain
- Treating athletic injuries
- Rejuvenate your muscles from stiffness, tension, and aching.
How Long Does a Therapy Session Last?
This treatment does not take too long. Most water massage sessions last between 15 – 20 minutes. However, if you had another chiropractic treatment scheduled, you might be there for a lot longer. This should not worry you. Usually, the hydro water massage therapy is not exclusive to the treatment. You can go ahead and listen to music or watch a movie, all while getting your body massaged.
Can Everyone Get Water Therapy Massage?
Massages are a great way to relax the body and lead a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, this type of massage is not meant for everyone. Some precautions have to be observed before getting this treatment. For this reason, some of the situations that can disqualify you from therapy include:
- Neurological conditions
- Bleeding areas – this could be a sign of broken capillaries and blood vessels.
- Skin problems – this ranges from eczema to acne and skin rashes.
- Unstable fractures – massage is not suited for fractures.
- High-risk pregnancy – not every pregnant woman should get the therapy.
Overall, water massage therapy in Clovis, CA is a great procedure for everyone. Even though your body may not be in a situation of medical need, you can get the massage for the sake of relaxation.